Saturday, August 13, 2011

Family Vacation

We arrived in Florida late Saturday afternoon and checked into the beach rental that my parents got for the week. Kel was with us - he was very helpful in the move and I appreciate his help SO much! - and was headed to pick up Ashley and the girls at the airport. Our townhouse in Gainesville wouldn't be ready until August first so we had a day to relax and unwind at the beach. We spent the 1st in Gainesville - again with the help of Kel, Jeff and his girlfriend, and my parents - and Cat and I spent the night so that we could start getting things settled and organized. Back to St. Augustine on the 2nd for the rest of family vacation.

Vacation was awesome! It was so fun having the whole family together for a week - I can't even remember the last time everyone was together. It's been a long time! It sucked leaving the beach house and vacation on Friday night. I was heading back to Gainesville - my new "home" - and my family was headed back to their homes early the next day. It was sad. I'm still sad. I cried. I miss them.
















No comments:

Post a Comment